Botox is the most popular injectable to address facial wrinkles and creases. But, like any cosmetic procedure, it’s important that you have your treatments delivered by a skin care professional who is trained to deliver Botox injections. With 43 facial muscles to consider, one small error in the placement of injections can ruin the effects of the procedure. Side effects with Botox are extremely rare, but they can occasionally occur.
Botox Side Effects
Side effects from Botox may be characterized by the following:
- Extreme redness and/or pain at the injection site that does go away within a day or two following treatment
- Flu-like symptoms
- Drooping or muscle weakness of the upper eyelid muscles
- Difficulty breathing and/or swallowing (very rare)
These reactions may be a result of injecting Botox into the wrong facial muscle or injecting a dose that is larger than recommended.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Injector
The injector plays a very important role in your Botox treatment. The injector should have an excellent understanding of facial anatomy, and he or she should have knowledge of the right number of Botox units required to achieve the specific outcomes you seek.
Your injector should have the following characteristics:
- Training that is specific to Botox injections
- Experience in injecting Botox for aesthetic purposes
- Excellent communication skills
- Honest concern for your safety
- Willingness to answer all of your questions concerning Botox
Get in touch with us today and we’ll help you figure out if Botox is the right treatment for you. Our team at K Plastic Surgery is very knowledgeable and experienced in providing Botox injections for cosmetic purposes.
Call 518.346.0002 or fill out this contact form to schedule an appointment with us. We look forward to your visit!