Many women are unsatisfied with the size of their breasts and consider breast augmentation. Most women are good candidates for the procedure, including female athletes. As an athlete, however, there are some things you have to ask your plastic surgeon before making a final decision.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon
Any woman who is considering breast augmentation first needs to select the right plastic surgeon. Choose someone who has extensive experience with breast augmentation. It’s important for the surgeon to walk you through the entire procedure. An initial consultation is a chance to discuss your lifestyle, as well as your goals and motivation for wanting to increase your breast size. You should ask plenty of questions, including this list:
- What types of implants are available?
- Which type of implant is best for me?
- Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?
- What are the risks associated with the procedure?
- What are the complications involved with the surgery?
- What is recovery like after breast augmentation?
- How long is the downtime?
- When can I resume training?
According to the statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, over 290,000 breast augmentation procedures were performed last year. If you are considering augmentation, trust the experience of Dr. Kayastha. Request an appointment by calling 518.346.0002 or filling out this online contact form.