Liposuction was introduced almost 35 years ago and it has seen significant improvements in all these years, both in how it is performed and its intended effectiveness. In recent years though, there has been an increase in the number of non surgical fat reduction techniques available. There are many techniques that are available for you to non surgically reduce fatty deposits and which offer great alternatives to liposuction. One of the most effective of these alternatives is CoolSculpting.
Even though liposuction remains the gold standard in fat reduction measures, there are several areas where Dr. Kayastha might recommend CoolSculpting for its effectiveness. With years of experience, Dr. Kayastha ensures that the most optimal procedure is used to help you with your body contouring goals.
When you have a large volume of fat then liposuction is more advantageous since it can help achieve results with a single procedure. Disadvantages of liposuction,include anesthesia, surgical risks and the recovery period that is involved. With the CoolSculpting procedure, there is no need for anesthesia and there is almost no downtime. Risk are also minimal. However, it is a less aggressive procedure for fat removal and you may require a few treatment sessions to achieve the desired results
Some parts of your body can achieve similar results from liposuction and CoolSculpting and these include your abdomen, outer thighs, hip rolls, muffin tops and love handles.
Then there are other body parts which will benefit more from the CoolSculpting procedure than liposuction. These are areas that require less fat removal and the shape of the area is also ideal for the CoolSculpting or CoolMini applicator.
- Axillary fat or armpit puffs – this is a difficult area to treat but the CoolMini applicator fits the contours perfectly. Since this area will only have a moderate amount of fat to be removed, CoolSculpting may be the best procedure.
- The upper, inner thighs – the shape of the area is ideal for the applicators of CoolSculpting. Your inner thighs may also have some loose skin and this means that a less aggressive procedure than liposuction which works gradually may be a better option.
- Upper thighs – the fat on the upper thigh under your buttocks, also known as the banana roll is also a difficult area to treat with liposuction since it can develop loose skin later. If this happens, then your only option would be excision of the extra skin. CoolSculpting is less aggressive and offers a more gradual fat removal, this works better to preserve the connective fat tissue.
- Bra line – the fat in your middle back in some cases is best reduced with the CoolSculpting procedure.
- Double chin – if you have extra fat on the neck and chin area, then both liposuction and CoolSculpting will give you effective results. However, Dr. Kayastha may recommend CoolSculpting with the CoolMini applicator for a minimally invasive treatment of your chin fat.
Most patients research different fat removal methods and talk to family members and friends who may have undergone a procedure before considering it. We get patients who have decided to undergo either liposuction or CoolSculpting. During your consultation with Dr. Kayastha, he will evaluate your body and understand your aesthetic goals before deciding the most optimal treatment for your specific needs. In some cases, liposuction will give you better results while in others, CoolSculpting will be more suitable. Contact us today to arrange a complimentary consultation where Dr. Kayastha can formulate a custom plan to help you best achieve your goals.