There’s nothing sexier than plump, youthful, kissable lips! Some women are lucky to have them, but for most of us, it’s on the wish list. Also, as we age, our lips appear thinner. Fortunately, your lips can be enhanced with dermal filler injections and fat grafting.
Luscious vs. Laughable Lips
A lip enhancement procedure may sound simple, yet it is actually one of the most delicate injectable procedures. At our Latham cosmetic surgery practice, we do more than just provide lip enhancement injectables. Our unique approach in lip augmentation is aimed at producing lips that are naturally luscious, not over the top.
How to Get the Results You Want from Lip Augmentation
- First, don’t trust a lip augmentation to someone who isn’t qualified. During your consultation, ask questions about the injector’s qualifications, experience, and knowledge of dermal fillers and lip enhancement procedures.
- Figure out if lip augmentation is what you’re looking for.
In general, the procedure suits you well if:
- Your lips have always been thin and tend to disappear when you smile
- Aging has made your lips significantly thinner
- Having fuller lips will dramatically alter how you look
- Be realistic with your expectations. Each individual is unique and lip augmentation results vary accordingly. If your lips are originally thin, you are less likely to get a level of plumpness that is comparable to that of, say, Angelina Jolie.
- Ask your injector if he or she knows about the classic lip ratio — the lower lip should be 1.6 times fuller than the upper lip — for aesthetically pleasing results.
Planning for Your Lip Augmentation
If you are interested in having fuller lips, request an appointment with Dr. Kayastha today by calling 518-346-0002 or by filling out this contact form today!