There are thousands of plastic surgeons who display before and after photos online via social media, forums, and practice websites. However, at K Plastic Surgery, we encourage our patients to personally see us for a consultation and review our photos while they are at the office or take a sneak peek online!
A doctor’s gallery is a testament to their work. If your surgeon does not have before and after photos or is unwilling to show them to you, this does not build credibility in their skills. Additionally, looking at before and after photos can help you get a better idea of the kind of results you can expect. Look for patients who fit your body type, skin tone, and other factors to compare what you might look like after a desired procedure.
Once you have decided to schedule a personal consultation, we suggest you consider the following when reviewing before and after photos:
- Ask for photos of patients that are similar in age, height, weight, body frame, gender, and ethnicity as you. This will help you obtain a more realistic picture of what to expect from the outcome of the procedure.
- Check for consistency in the images. Specifically, check for consistency in the lighting and angles of the patients. Having a photo taken from more than one angle (front and side profile views) is better.
- Look for scarring. Any type of surgery that involves incisions will eventually lead to scarring. However, the surgeon’s skill, the type of incision used during the procedure, and how quickly you heal are some of the factors that can influence whether or not the scarring will be noticeable.
- Look for symmetry. Although natural asymmetry exists between two body parts, a good plastic surgeon should be able to achieve aesthetic balance.
- Lastly, figure out if you really like what you see. If the results look unnatural to you, consider other options.
Dr. Kayastha is a board-certified plastic surgeon located in Albany, NY, who has years of experience helping patients achieve stunning results with plastic surgery procedures. Schedule a consultation today to discuss your plans for cosmetic surgery and view before and after photographs from patients at K Plastic Surgery.