Many individuals seeking plastic surgery wonder who is the best plastic surgeon in Albany, NY. Unfortunately, there is no one correct answer to this question– the best plastic surgeon for you may not be the best plastic surgeon for someone else. Several factors go into finding the best plastic surgeon for you. Let’s take a look at how you can go about finding the best plastic surgeon in Albany, NY for you:
Not every plastic surgeon is an expert in every procedure. It is best to seek out a surgeon who specializes in the procedure you are looking for. Dr. Kayastha no longer does certain procedures like rhinoplasty so that he can focus on and perfect the techniques involved in breast and body contouring. His primary focus is breast surgery (breast reduction, breast lift, breast augmentation, or reconstructive surgery), liposuction, tummy tucks, and mommy makeovers.
It is true in life that if one is a jack of all trades, they are a master of none– you should seek a plastic surgeon who is focused on the procedure you want. Plastic surgeons that narrow their focus can continually improve the results of their procedures. Without focus, a surgeon does not have time to examine and improve their cosmetic surgery results critically.
Understanding the necessity of finding someone who specializes in your desired procedure is only the first step. In a continually growing field, how do you go about finding a good plastic surgeon? Fortunately, some well-defined characteristics can help you find the best plastic surgeon in Albany, NY:
- You should find a board-certified plastic surgeon. Preferably by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board accepted by the American Board of Medical Specialties. If your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, they should also be a member of the ASPS or American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- They have proven results. Your plastic surgeon should have before and after pictures that show what kind of results you might expect from your procedure. Does their aesthetic sense align with your goals? Do their post-operative patients look the way you want to look?
- They maintain strict safety standards. The ASPS and American Board of Plastic Surgery maintain standards that their members must meet. Proper adherence ensures that your surgeon has had the required years of education and maintains the highest level of professional integrity and ongoing training.
- They work in accredited, or state-licensed surgical facilities. Dr. Kayastha maintains hospital privileges at Ellis and Saratoga Hospitals. He works at his office in Latham, NY, and at hospitals in Schenectady, NY, and Saratoga Springs, NY.
- They have many good online reviews. Take a look at all of their reviews. If they have enough reviews, you should get a good picture of the quality of their work and how they treat patients.
- Patients recommend them. Ask colleagues, friends, and family if they have had any experience with plastic surgeons in your area. Maybe a good friend has undergone a tummy tuck or breast augmentation in Albany, NY– how was their experience?
- They give a good first impression. After all of the above factors are accounted for, the most important remaining step is to meet the doctor. Go for a consultation– does the surgeon allow for open communication and listen to you carefully? Do they conduct a thorough exam and then discuss all of the different treatments that will help you achieve your goals? You should feel comfortable and safe with your doctor. Surgery requires having an ongoing relationship with your surgeon. You will meet with them before, on the day of, and after surgery. It is important that you like and have a good relationship with your surgeon. It is also important how their office makes you feel. Is it a pleasant, clean environment? Is the office staff friendly? It is important that you like your surgeon, their office, and their staff.
After you have done all of this, take time to consider your options carefully. If you have looked at all of these factors, you have greatly improved your chances of having a successful experience. Dr. Kayastha regularly takes care of patients from towns across Upstate, NY including Albany, Schenectady, and Saratoga Springs. If you are interested in his breast or body contouring services, schedule a consultation to see if K Plastic Surgery is the right fit for you.