A facelift addresses the signs of aging by removing sagging skin and major wrinkles on the face. The procedure can restore your youthful appearance, give you smoother skin, and improve facial contours. At K Plastic Surgery, Dr. Kayastha performs facelifts to help patients look younger. Although most people are good candidates for the procedure, it is not suitable for everyone.
Am I a good candidate for a facelift?
- A good candidate is someone who has excess facial skin that sags, has deep lines around the mouth, and wants to improve contour along the jaw and neck.
- The skin must still have some elasticity for a patient to be considered a good candidate. Patients who are 40 to 70 years old usually still have some skin elasticity and can have a facelift. It is also important to have flexible skin for better healing.
- People with strong bone structure are good candidates as that structure supports the skin. If facial features are weak, dermal fillers may be used to enhance the underlying features first.
- The patient needs to be in good overall health, physically and mentally. People with medical conditions may not be suitable for a facelift.
- Heavy smokers may not be good candidates for the procedure. Smokers will be asked to stop smoking at least two months prior to surgery since smoking can affect the body’s ability to heal.
- Patients are good candidates if their expectations are realistic. The procedure cannot change a person’s appearance completely. What it does is restore a more youthful look. It is not meant to resolve personal or psychological problems.
If you are interested in looking years younger and regaining your confidence through a facelift, find out if you are a good candidate for the procedure. Request an appointment with Dr. Kayastha by calling 518.346.0002 or filling out this online contact form. We look forward to hearing from you!