If you think you actually look your age or perhaps younger, you may be fooling yourself. No one is immune to the factors that accelerate aging such as sun exposure, tobacco use, and environmental pollutants. Fortunately, you can actually do something to slow down the signs of aging.
At our Latham cosmetic surgery practice we have helped men and women look and feel their best by identifying which signs of skin aging are obvious and then coming up with a personalized skin care plan to combat them.
The following are the telltale signs that prompt patients to seek cosmetic solutions:
- Crow’s feet is on top of our list! Everyone knows that those fine lines and wrinkles in the outermost corners of your eyes are making you appear older. Their appearance is caused by the frequent contractions of the muscles underneath the skin surrounding the eyes when you squint, smile, or laugh. Good thing Botox and Dysport are effective in reducing their appearance.
- Sagging brows can make you look upset, angry, or grumpy no matter what you’re actually feeling inside. Collagen loss from aging, along with frequent muscle contractions when you frown, contribute to your eyebrows descending near your eyelids. A brow lift, however, saves the day!
- Sagging upper eyelids are also one of the early signs of aging. Upper eyelid surgery (also known as blepharoplasty) is the cosmetic procedure of choice for sagging eyelids. Apart from cosmetic reasons, the procedure is also performed for medical purposes when a significant amount of droop in the upper eyelids obscures a patient’s peripheral vision.
- Nasolabial folds refer to the parentheses that appear in older men and women, traversing from the sides of the nose down to the corners of the mouth. Although nasolabial folds only appear when a person makes an expression, they can permanently take residence over time. A facelift may be your best bet against the dreaded parentheses. If you don’t want surgery, dermal fillers that contain hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, and Sculptra are a good alternative.
- Wrinkles and age spots in the hands are equally prevalent, but tend to be overlooked when identifying signs of aging. Sun-damaged, wrinkled skin can benefit from non-surgical alternatives such as dermal fillers, fat injections, chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing.
If you’re experiencing these signs of aging, we’d love to help you! Call 518.346.0002 or fill out this contact form to schedule an appointment with us. We look forward to your visit!